Monday, December 12, 2011

This is the future.

I'm happy to say that I've accomplished yet another item on my "Japan Bucket List!" Last week I had my first capsule hotel experience at 9hours in Kyoto City. These hotels have a large number of small "rooms" & provide inexpensive and basic accommodations. It's kind of like sleeping in a spaceship pod. You store your shoes and luggage in a locker, use communal bathrooms, and sleep in your designated capsule. Some hotels are for men only, but many have separate floors for ladies. (Score!)

Mine was 519, top level!


I chose this hotel based on price and location. The previous hotel I stayed in for my first training seminar was very nice, but the room rates are more expensive this time of year. I also wanted to be in an area with good shopping & dining options, with close proximity to the subway line. The hostel Matt and I have stayed at is great and also budget-friendly, but there isn't much around that immediate area.



9hours is a great place to stay as far as capsule hotels go. It's actually a little bit more expensive than others in the city, but I was going for the sleek, futuristic type. It was also conveniently located near my usual shopping destinations. I would definitely stay there again.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling up to making a video with that nasty cold I was fighting, but hopefully next time! There will be a next time.

1 comment:

  1. That is so freaking awesome! I want to stay in a capsule hotel if I ever make it to Japan! How cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...