Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Okayama Sightseeing

Ahhh, 岡山市 (Okayama City). This would be the capital of Okayama Prefecture. The population is over 700,000 people, which is a nice change from the supposed 12,000 in my little town. Okayama-shi is best known for its castle, lovely Japanese garden, and the legendary tale of Momotarō, the "peach boy." Although we only stayed for a few days, Matt and I became quite fond of the area! It's not a hot tourist destination like Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and even Kobe, but there is plenty to see and do.

The main area, right outside Okayama Station.

It also looks fabulous & lively at night.

The Kōrakuen was full of breathtaking landscapes.

I've never seen so many koi at once! They were HUGE.

Matt and me against Okayama castle.

Jess and me on the bridge!

I took far too many photos this time around, so enjoy the rest on my Flickr Slideshow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...