Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Wrap-Up

Well, it's November here and Halloween is over. We had a few small get-togethers over the weekend, but it was a pretty quiet Halloween for me. I miss sharing in the thrill and excitement with young children. I'm starting to realize that perhaps Pre-K / Kindergarten is my ideal age group to work with... but anyway. I also miss having my house decorations, hosting a nice party, baking treats, etc. From my observations this past month, Halloween is slowly starting to catch on Japan, and it's more prevalent in the cities. I think next year I'd like to visit USJ or Tokyo Disney for the more "over the top" celebrating that I'm used to.


I was happy that some of the elementary teachers decorated for my lesson!

Even my desk at work was festive.

** Be sure to click the "Read More" link below to see the rest of this post! **



This was my costume for the weekend - "Korilakkuma."


I matched with my friend Jenn :)


Went out with the guys late Friday night for some costumed karaoke! Matt had to take off his robot head to sing properly.


On Saturday, I helped out with the high school English club's Halloween party.


Japan is big about seasonal Kit-Kats. Pumpkin flavors in Japan don't taste the same as America, though. Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) tastes more like squash, but it's still pretty good.


I made origami ghosts & Halloween treat bags for the teachers at my base school.


My collection of ghosties!


They included a Halloween Oreo, some candy corn, and a pumpkin cheesecake Kit-Kat!


Even Kyushoku was festive with Kabocha pudding yesterday!


Somehow, the neighbors ended up letting me borrow their daughters old high school uniform as well :) It's so cute! The JHS uniforms are navy blue for girls, and black for boys. I kind of wonder if they make the high school uniforms more exciting to appeal to the students, since attending high school is optional in Japan.




Now that it's November, we have more things to look forward to! Tonight is my kimono class, but I'll try to post again later this week about some exciting things. ◕ ◡ ◕




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...