Fushimi Inari Taisha
To get the full experience, you walk the entire path up the mountain through thousands of torii gates! It's quite the workout though, and with the extreme summer heat we only walked for about an hour or so. We plan to return when the temperatures aren't so ridiculous and hopefully I'll have a new camera then too! ◕ ◡ ◕
- The easiest way to access Fushimi Inari is to take the JR Nara Line from Kyoto Station. Make sure you take a local train, not the rapid service! Go from Kyoto Station to the second stop, Inari Station. From there, it's pretty obvious where shrine is.
- This shrine is free to enter.
- There are omiyage shops, vending machines, and snack stands set up throughout the shrine, but especially towards the front.
- If you plan to walk the entire thing, make sure you have a few hours. You will want to stop for photos throughout!
- Supposedly there are grilled sparrows on a stick to eat towards the entrance!