Thursday, September 8, 2011

Travel Tips: Cat Cafe in Kyoto City

Still catching up on blogs that I meant to post earlier! So today's lovely topic is...

猫カフェねこ会議
Cat Café Nekokaigi

http://www.nekokaigi.com/



Cat cafés are quiet popular in urban areas. Many apartments do not allow pets, or people simply don't have the time or space to take care of them. In addition, I have noticed the price of pets is outrageous here! We saw one kitten in a pet shop that was 200,000円 - about the cost of our Japanese car! Needless to say, there are such places where you can pay a small fee to play with cats and enjoy their company.





Different venues charge different rates. Here at Nekokaigi you pay 800円 per hour; 400円 each additional half hour. So what can you expect at Nekokaigi, anyway?

  • Adorable cats to play and pet! Even pink noses. Especially pink noses
  • A relaxed atmosphere with cozy furniture and bossanova music (At least when we were there. It was neat!)
  • A clean environment for the cats to play and live.
  • Drinks to order, such as hot and cold coffees, teas, chocolate milk, etc. Note that these cost extra.
  • No children under 13 allowed, I'm guessing since young ones could upset or scare the kitties.




Missing my darling Nezumi has been one of the more difficult aspects of living in Japan. I really didn't know how attached I was to her until we had to move away. Although there is no true replacement for my kitty, visiting Nekokaigi is fun and does put me at ease! If you're visiting in Kyoto City, be sure to check it out! It is only a few minutes walk from 2 different subway stations, but that's to be expected in Kyoto. Matt and I actually biked there from our hostel, and it only took us 30 minutes or so.

And of course, I really want to open a Cat Café of my own now! Pipe dream!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the cat cafe's are so awesome! Great pictures! If I visit you in Japan we definitely need to go to some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...