Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Escape to the city~

August has been quite a busy month of getting settled in! I am happy to say that things are actually starting to fall into place here, from getting a king size bed to a purchasing a Japanese car. It has also been a whirlwind of travel for me in Kyoto City. I went there twice in the same week for AET training and prefecture orientation.

I have so many photos to share that I'll just post a slideshow from my Flickr.



Here's what I got to see in Kyoto, hubby saw most of them too!
Kyoto Tower for dinner with other JETs from my prefecture
Animate Store ♥♥
Nekokaigi Cat Cafe ♥♥♥
Kyoto Yodabashi Store
Kiyomizu Temple
Fushimi Inari Shrine ♥♥♥
Kyoto Station Malls - Cube, Porta, etc. ♥♥

Sadly, we did not have ample time to do everything on our list. Iwatayama Monkey Park was too much of a time investment, and it was super hot outside. I was feeling a bit sick on Saturday night, so we did not make it out to Pontocho-dori for some nightlife or Sweets Paradise for all-you-can-eat desserts. We didn't even have Golden Temple and other things on our list because of the high tourist season and warm weather, so they will have to wait until next time.

Kyoto is full of many fun and interesting things, and we did have a great weekend of sightseeing! The city itself has a completely different vibe than Tokyo, and I rather like the atmosphere. We definitely want to return in cooler weather for certain attractions, and definitely in the spring for hanami, cherry blossom viewing. There are also some outfits in the Kyoto Station underground shopping malls that are calling my name! ♥

3 comments:

  1. All your pictures look so fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in Kyoto in 4 weeks, so I am really getting excited about your pictures. Oh and I think Kumo wants to meet up with you once she visits me there... :o

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...