Friday, July 22, 2011

Final Days in the USA.

The last 2 weeks or so have been intense. Since my last blog, hubby and I drove down to Tampa to situate the pets in their new loving homes, with my awesome in-laws. I have to admit, I was very emotional over letting go of my baby Nezumi (yes, we named her "Mouse"). I've had that kitty since she was 4 weeks old and we've been inseperable for the last 3 years. It's bittersweet, but she will be waiting for me when we return. Nixon, the cockatiel, is extremely thrilled to have a poolside home.


Moving out of the townhouse was a blur. It's really hard to believe how much material possessions you own when you have to cram them all in a 5x10 storage unit. This was our third move since 2009 and probably the most we've ever gotten rid of things. At least I can look forward to a new living room and bedroom set when we get back!



Things were much more fun after moving. Matt and I spent a week in Florida, visiting our families. From Tallahassee, to Seaside/Destin, to Okaloosa Island, and back to Tallahassee again... I really can't express in words how much fun was had and how precious those memories will remain for years to come. I definitely had to hold back tears more than once!


At this point, 95% of my things are all packed up for the long trip. I have a pre-departure meeting later today with my consulate, a night in a hotel, and then a "fun" 13 hour flight to Japan! またね!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be missed here, but I hope you and Matt have an amazing adventure in Japan! We'll see you when you get back! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...